Tuesday, April 3, 2012

How to Stop Worrying and Learn to Love the Pink Slime

I was thinking this morning about Pink Slime and wondering what I would do if I was the CEO at BPI. Here is what I came up with: 
"Hey, if they're not buying our 'Dude, it's beef' - 'Finely textured lean beef' scenario, maybe we should just embrace the whole 'Pink Slime' thing."



...some ideas along this line: 
  1. Pink Slime Burgers:  Sam's Club Tastes and Tips food sample system could serve them nationwide at their stores for several weekends. The Tastes and Tips lady would say, "Aren't they delicious? You can find them right down this aisle; look for the pink sign on the freezer door.
  2. Think Pink. Team up with Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Pink is pink after all.
  3. Remember the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile? Why not build build a Pink Slimemobile.
  4. Promote other uses for Pink Slime, e.g. Pink Slime Helper, Swedish Pink Slime balls, Pink Slime Stroganoff, Pink Slime Tartare, etc.
  5. Pink Slime IPO...to get those closed pink slime plants back in production. I can see it now, an initial public offering, complete with dignitaries dressed in pink ringing the opening bell at the stock exchange on Wall Street.
  6. The Pink Slime Party. Heck, if I can get that many governors, newspapers and TV stations behind me, why not just run for president.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment